Answers To Your Dog Boarding Questions
Family vacations, extended hospital stays, long-distance business trips -- these and other travel situations may force you to be parted from your beloved dog. If you're worried about your furry friend's well-being, you may have lots of questions about the option of veterinary boarding. Here are some helpful answers from our vet team at Central Animal Hospital.
- Aren't dogs satisfed with a daily feeding and visit? While you might assume that your dog would be fine with nothing more than a daily feeding, many dogs experience significant boredom and separation anxeity when they're left alone in a house for long periods of time. Your dog may become depressed, frustrated, angry or even panicked -- to the point that he may damage furniture or run away as soon as your neighbor opens the door.
- What's the advantage of boarding my dog with a veterinarian? Veterinary boarding is especially valuable for safeguarding your pet against an unanticipated medical crisis. While a sudden veterinary emergency can happen to any dog, the risk is higher for puppies, senior dogs and animals with known medical conditions. You need to be certain that any problems will be immediately noticed, recognized and treated. Our boarding facility has a full staff of veterinarians, technicians, and assistants during the day and a licensed veterinary technician who lives on the premises for round the clock care.
- What makes Central Animal Hospital an especially smart choice for my veterinary boarding needs? We're proud to be among the 15 percent of veterinary hospitals who are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We've also been a fixture of the Scarsdale community since 1981, so you know we've established a solid local track record for excellent animal care. Our boarding facilities are also licensed by Westchester County.
- What kinds of facilities do you offer? We offer comfortable quarters for the dogs who stay with us, along with nourishing meals and regular outdoor walks. Best of all, your dog will enjoy being in the company of caring humans instead of sitting in the house all alone. If your dog needs regular medical care or special diets, we will administer those and monitor vital signs as needed.
- Will my dog require any preparations for his boarding stay? We will want to make sure your dog is up to date on his core vaccinations, both for his own sake and for the sake of our other guests. Please reserve your boarding stay as far in advance as possible to ensure availability, especially during school vacation times.
As you can see, veterinary dog boarding at Central Animal Hospital makes a lot of sense.
Call 914-723-1250 today to ask about our dog boarding services!